Resources for Current Applicants
We review staff applications on a rolling basis, so the sooner your application is submitted, the more likely we will have a space for you to serve as a Madrich(a). You can expect to receive communications about your application along the following timeline:
An invitation to interview with a member of the Yallah! Israel team, within 2 weeks of your application (or up to 4 weeks during holiday seasons).
- An offer for summer employment or a waitlist offer for summer employment within 2-4 weeks of your interview
- At any point during this process, we may determine that your application does not fit our needs and you may receive a notification that we are not pursuing your application further. Not all applicants will receive interview invitations or job offers.
There are a number of expectations that we have of staff applicants:
- Applicants may not apply to work for multiple URJ Youth summer programs. All URJ camps and summer programs agree not to compete for staff.
– If you are interested in staffing multiple programs, please let us know (email@example.com) so we can discuss with our colleagues the best way to support your growth as a member of the URJ Youth summer staff community.
- It is your responsibility to check in with your references to ensure they received our automated reference request email and have completed it. The email will have been sent automatically immediately after you submitted your application.
– If one or more of your references did not receive the email, or did not access the form within 14 days, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a new email.
– If you need to change one or more of your listed references, email email@example.com.
– Applications are not considered complete until all three references have been submitted. We may choose to hold off on offering an interview or staff position pending the completion of your references.
- Applicants must maintain the personal integrity and ethical responsibilities that are essential for serving as a strong role model for teens.
Offer Letters and Waitlist Offers
If you receive an offer letter, this is your official offer to work with us and your official response device confirming your acceptance. It will list your salary, start and end dates, and the conditions of employment. If you have received an offer letter, you may wish to review Resources for Hired Staff.
Wait List Offer
We have a limited number of positions available, and we frequently have more qualified applicants than we have positions to fill! If you receive a waitlist offer, it is because we believe in your ability to serve as a leader and role model for our participants – we just don’t have an open spot for you right now. Only fully qualified applicants receive either a job offer or a waitlist offer.
Madrich(a) position availability often changes in the months leading up to the summer, as we allocate staff hires to ensure the best possible teams for our participants.